event origination

From: Sangqar (Sean Healy) <sangqar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:51:10 +0000
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

When responding to an event, is there any way to tell where it originated?
That is, if a user clicked on a widget, can I find out what widget it was if
I'm inside an event that was propagated to a different widget?

The situation is this:

I have a number of MDI widgets, which are only visible when the user asks
for them. Since I don't want to have to recreate them every time, I simply
hide them in the onClose event and then call clear_event. The trouble is,
when I try to close the main window, it stays open, because the event is
cleared when Prima tries to close the MDI widgets. Currently, I check
whether the MDI window is visible; if it is, I hide it and call clear_event;
if it's not, I do nothing. But this is less than perfect, because I have to
click the close button on the main window once for each visible MDI widget,
then once more to actually close it.

Sean