Re: Inserting action code in VB

From: Anton Berezin <tobez_at_tobez.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:43:15 +0200
To: Hirosi Taguti <taguti_at_secom-sis.co.jp>

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 05:24:32PM +0900, Hirosi Taguti wrote:

> Question on VB.
>
> Today I first create a simple window using VB.
> My first action on "OK" button is to merely exit & stop wondow/program.
> I realized from /VB/examples/Sample.fm,
> I must enter '$_[0]-> owner-> close;' in OnClick event windows.
>
> 1. This code is not easy to memorize to me.
> 2. I cann't copy/paste this code from Sample.fm, or is it possible?

This depends on the operating system you are using.

In case of X11, Shift-Insert will paste from the clipboard (most
Motif/QT applications will put things to the clipboard with
Ctrl-Insert). To paste from the primary selection one should use middle
mouse click, as usual (most X11 applications - but not Prima
applications themselves - put things into the primary selection when you
just select text with the mouse). That is, if you select a piece of
text in your xterm, you should be able to use middle mouse button to
paste it to Prima widgets.

I know this sounds confusing. This is because X11 has several
clipboard-like entities.

=Anton.

--
A topologist is someone who can't tell the difference between a donut
and a coffee cup.