Re: Several question

From: Anton Berezin <tobez_at_tobez.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:33:21 +0200
To: "Andrei V. Smilianets" <smile_at_aval.kiev.ua>

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 01:15:40PM +0300, Andrei V. Smilianets wrote:

> I think that name of package was borrowed from name of cheap
> cigarettes, very popular in area of former USSR. Taking in account the
> names of authors, which sounds as Russian and/or Ukrainian - my
> opinion may be very close to truth. ;)

There is a by-play on that, yes. But you may consider also
"prima ballerina", and a somewhat stupid acronym PRofessional IMaging
Application. Take your pick - and yes, multi-meaning is intentional.

Cheers,
\Anton.

--
A topologist is someone who can't tell the difference between a donut
and a coffee cup.