Re: SuSE 8.2 compile problems

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 25 Jul 2003 14:00:42 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Steve!

On 25 Jul 03 at 15:19, "Steve" (Steve Westerbeck) wrote:

If you don't really need jpeg and xpm support, do the following:

  rm img/codec_jpeg.c img/codec_Xpm.c
  perl Makefile.PL
  make

If ,OTOH, you'll manage to fix problems, a patch would be great.

/dk

 Steve> Hello, When attempting to compile Prima 1.11 under SuSE 8.2 gcc
 Steve> 3.3, I'm having problems with both jpeg and Xpm codec errors. I
 Steve> managed to succesfully compile by hand removing any references to
 Steve> jpeg or Xpm libraries, but this just generates a relocation error
 Steve> when executing VB. Obviously I haven't got the answer. Is there
 Steve> any way to compile without jpeg or Xpm support and if not, are
 Steve> there specific library versions required?

 Steve> Sleepless in Minnesota . . .

 Steve> stevow

--
Sincerely,