Re: Prima & Debian

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 25 Nov 2003 23:05:03 +0100
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Serge!

On 25 Nov 03 at 18:13, "Serge" (Serge Olkhowik) wrote:

 Serge> I should read Makefile.PL again to point how it checks xft.

Check also makefile.log, there may be more hints.

 Serge> But the problem with encoding is still not resolved.

 Dmitry> I was wrong - if you set a font via XRDB or command line,

 Serge> But how can I setup font for my own Prima-based app? My simple
 Serge> example has this property:

 Serge> WM_CLASS(STRING) = "Prima::Window", "Prima"

As I said, XRDB and command-line font settings are insensitive
to encoding, which may or may not be a bug. Programmaticaly,
one can ensure a particular encoding using

   $::application-> font-> encoding('koi8-r')

call, athought it may or may not be appropriate for one's task.
I would teoretize, if an application is internationalized, it
must set the font encoding by itself ( or use UTF8 ).

Otherwise, Prima should respects $LANG. I would try first to
achieve the results without messing with either XRDB or command-line,
and, failing that, hack apc_font.c .

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry