Re: Prima-1.12-cygwin-580.zip

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 26 Sep 2003 09:19:31 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Richard!

On 22 Sep 03 at 03:26, "Richard" (Richard Morgan) wrote:

 Richard> Hi Dmitry, David,

 Richard> I think the problem is that you need execute permission on the
 Richard> dll's in cygwin. (I am not sure how this relates to Windows or if
 Richard> it is a cygwin only problem) however I notice that in the
 Richard> original message from David the permissions for Prima.dll did not
 Richard> have execute and if I take them off my Prima.dll I get the same
 Richard> error.

 Richard> Dmitry, would it be possible to change the binary distribution to
 Richard> have the permissions set?

I don't think this is the issue; although NTFS can store extra file
information,
( probably used for permissions by cygwin ), FAT cannot, and given that
cygwin works fine on boths FS types it cannot be permissions. My
advice is to recompile with the current cygwin version, because in
windows when a DLL requires another DLL the unresolved symbols in
the latter are very hard to catch.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry