Success and a new problem

From: Teo SANKARO <teo_sankaro_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 07:42:19 -0600
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

Oops. I just sent this to just Dmitry, so I'm resending it to the list. (Sorry,
Dmitry, that you're getting this twice.)

> It usually pays off for on_paint to be smart enough to redraw only the
> invalidated area, as repored by ::clipRect, but scroll() does only
> invalidates parts that are uncovered by the moved bits. In this flickering
> case I'd recommend using its
> parameters 'clipRect' and/or 'confineRect' ( see Prima::Widget/scroll docs)

I found the problem: I was calling repaint in my VScroll_Change. Since I was already calling
scroll when I set the offset, this was completely unnecessary. Now the flicker is gone.
Thanks. (I fixed on_paint anyway, just on general principles.)

My new problem is that my program doesn't catch mousewheel events. I tried an
on_mousewheel sub that does nothing but report that it was caught (print "mousewheel $x,
$y, $z\n"), but it's not catching them. Is there something special I have to do? I've looked in
TextView (because podview.pl does respond to mousewheel events on my machine), but I
can't find where it's doing anything special.