Re: External subroutines

From: Anton Berezin <tobez_at_tobez.org>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 08:20:20 +0200
To: Alan None <alan_x2cvb_at_yahoo.com>

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 08:53:47PM -0700, Alan None wrote:

> I just discovered Prima and am having great fun with
> it. Since I know little OOP, I began playing with the
> sample Image Viewer app in the VB and in short order
> added "zoom in/out" buttons and a "save file" option.
> Also got the InputLine to send any changes to a Label
> widget I added to the Form.
>
> But now I'm stuck: In a new application, I want to
> store changes to one or more InputLines in some data
> structures (array or hash) . At some point, I would do
> some operations on this and then save the results to a
> file, manipulate them in some way, or pass them to
> another widget. But I can't get it to work with even
> one InputLine and a simple array @textlines.
>
> If I define the array anywhere but in the event
> ('InputLine1' =>OnKeyUp) where I push data into it, I
> get a "Can't call method "execute" on an undefined
> value" when I run the app. If I define the array in
> the event where I add the data, no error but it only
> stores that one piece of data.

Hmm. I would use probably onChange notification instead of onKeyUp with
it's code being something like this:

   my $self = $_[0];
   $main::value = $self->text;

Where $main::value is your scalar (or array, or whatever) defined in the
main body of the program.

=Anton.

--
The moronity of the universe is a monotonically increasing function. --
Jarkko Hietaniemi