Question on design

From: <lemons_terry_at_emc.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:09:52 -0400
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

Hi

Have you seen the problem described below? Dmitry is great about answering
my questions, but he's on holiday.

Thanks!
tl

I tried to create a very simple application to illustrate what I'm seeing:

        use Prima qw(Application);
        my $main = Prima::Window -> new (text => 'Hello world!');
# Display the window, then wait for and print some input
        $main -> show();
            $line = <STDIN>;
            print $line;
# Hide the window, then wait for and print some input
           $main -> hide();
         $line = <STDIN>;
            print $line;
# Display the window, then wait for and print some input
        $main -> show();
            $line = <STDIN>;
            print $line;
# Destroy the window
            $main -> destroy();

The behavior I see is that the show() call does create the window with the
create text, but the hourglass cursor appears over the window, and none of
the objects in the window are displayed.

What have I forgotten?

Thanks!
tl