Re: new to Prima / Linux vs Windows question

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 01 Oct 2005 13:47:04 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

 Paul> Well, I tried your load test, and it looks like I was a little off
 Paul> in my initial impressions. My times were similar to yours, although
 Paul> things are a lot faster in Linux. Right now I guess I won't worry
 Paul> too much about performance, and just concentrate on coming up with
 Paul> an actual application.

I've recompiled prigraph with optimization flags, and results are interesting:
the same 20Mpix image was loaded with native win32 and cygwin in 1.7 and
1.9 seconds without the optimization, and 1.1 and 1.5 seconds with the
optimization.

I've uploaded the binaries, so you can try gbm-bin-win32.zip and
gbm-bin-cygwin.zip . These binaries will be also included in 1.19 when it
is due.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry Karasik