Re: POE

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 04 Oct 2005 16:08:06 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi lanas!

On 04 Oct 05 at 12:49, "lanas" (lanas ) wrote:

 lanas> Hello, Have you ever considered incorporating Prima"s loop into
 lanas> POE's loop ? That would be great: an event-driven system with a
 lanas> built-in simple GUI. GTK seems to be incorporated but I haven"t
 lanas> tried it out yet. Prima's simplicity would certainly benefit from
 lanas> this.

 lanas> If you did look at that in the past, did you saw any major
 lanas> problems in doing so ?

No, we've never considered doing so. I can't think of any major problems
with this approach, and believe that something along the following lines
should do:

sub loop_do_timeslice { $::application-> yield }
sub loop_run { run Prima }
sub loop_halt { $::application-> destroy }

I can't say that I'm interested in that, but anyone's welcome
to write POE::Loop::Prima .

/dk