Re: image file iconic view

From: Anton Berezin <tobez_at_tobez.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:34:19 +0200
To: Paul Archer <tigger_at_io.com>

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 11:50:18AM -0500, Paul Archer wrote:
> 10:00am, Anton Berezin wrote:

> >That sounds interesting! I hope you are going to release it as an open
> >source application? :-)

> That's the plan!

Very cool. :-)

> Thanks for the tip/script.
> I've got a couple of questions about it. First, I noticed that the list
> reads top to bottom first, instead of left to right. In other words, you
> get:
> 1 4 7
> 2 5 8
> 3 6 9
>
> Is there an easy way to make it do:
> 1 2 3
> 4 5 6
> 7 8 9

Well. Yes and no. On the one hand, you can always do the required
renumbering yourself. On the other hand, the `natural' order for the
ListViewer is top-to-bottom, then left-to-right, meaning that this
renumbering will be more difficult, and the results of it will be
confusing once the ListViewer is resized. So in this case you might be
better off using ListGrid instead of ListViewer. It is overridable in a
similar manner.

> And the ListViewer box doesn't resize when the main window resizes.
> Does it just need a packing option or similar to make it resize
> automatically?

Yes. You can use either packing or grow modes. In this example, the
easiest would probably be to add

    growMode => gm::Client

to the ListViewer creation parameters.

\Anton.

--
An undefined problem has an infinite number of solutions.
-- Robert A. Humphrey