Re: POE

From: lanas <lanas_at_securenet.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 18:47:13 -0400

Le Mardi 4 Octobre 2005 13:36, Anton Berezin a écrit :
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 06:49:48AM -0400, lanas wrote:

> > Have you ever considered incorporating Prima"s loop into POE's loop ?
> > That would be great: an event-driven system with a built-in simple
> > GUI. GTK seems to be incorporated but I haven"t tried it out yet.
> > Prima's simplicity would certainly benefit from this.

> It would seem to be beneficial, if such a project is undertaken, to
> incorporate Prima loop into generic perl Event mechanism, as opposed
> adding it to POE.

> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Event/

I didn't knew about this one. So many things, so little time.

In the current Linux Magazine (English edition) there's an article by resident
Perl coder Schilli who shows how to embed POE inside Gaim to fetch web pages
and do some processing. Basically, Gaim calls periodically
Poe->execute_time_slice (I may not have the function name right).

So I thought maybe the same approach could be used for low-priority stuff as
Prima can peridoically execute a POE time slice.

Just an idea. If I have the time, I'll try something out.

Al