Re: image file iconic view

From: Anton Berezin <tobez_at_tobez.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:58:48 +0200
To: Paul Archer <tigger_at_io.com>

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 09:11:39PM -0500, Paul Archer wrote:
> Oct 4, Anton Berezin wrote:

> >>That's the plan!
> >
> >Very cool. :-)
> >
> >>Thanks for the tip/script.
> >>I've got a couple of questions about it. First, I noticed that the list
> >>reads top to bottom first, instead of left to right. In other words, you
> >>get:
> >>1 4 7
> >>2 5 8
> >>3 6 9
> >>
> >>Is there an easy way to make it do:
> >>1 2 3
> >>4 5 6
> >>7 8 9
> >
> >Well. Yes and no. On the one hand, you can always do the required
> >renumbering yourself. On the other hand, the `natural' order for the
> >ListViewer is top-to-bottom, then left-to-right, meaning that this
> >renumbering will be more difficult, and the results of it will be
> >confusing once the ListViewer is resized. So in this case you might be
> >better off using ListGrid instead of ListViewer. It is overridable in a
> >similar manner.
> >

> Do you know which subroutine actually does the redrawing top-bottom first?
> I'd like to see if I could modify it to go left-right instead?

That would be on of the incarnations of draw_items() (look into
Prima/Lists.pm for details). But I don't think that this will
significantly help you. The problem is a bit deeper than that, and the
whole ListViewer concept revolves around top-to-bottom lists, that's why
I suggested you to look into using ListGrid instead.

\Anton.

--
An undefined problem has an infinite number of solutions.
-- Robert A. Humphrey