Prima fails to start (cygwin,windows XP)

From: Jim Salisbury <jbsalis_at_optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 16:33:02 -0400
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

Have downloaded/installed Prima, but when I try an example
I get the following error (from perl -d matrix.bat):

---
Can't load 'c:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Prima/Prima.dll' for module Prima:
load_file:The specified module could not be found at
c:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at matrix.bat line 56
Compilation failed in require at matrix.bat line 56.
 at matrix.bat line 56
    main::BEGIN() called at c:/Perl/site/lib/Prima.pm line 56
    eval {...} called at c:/Perl/site/lib/Prima.pm line 56
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at matrix.bat line 56.
 at matrix.bat line 5
---
I have followed all the advice on the locations of all the documented
libraries in the PATH, and have triple checked everything, but am
still stuck. (This includes prigraph.dll.)
Have been using cygwin & Activeperl extensively for years with
lots of other packages so I know my environment is pretty much sane.
Here are the versions I am running:
---
Prima Version: Prima-1.22-cygwin-588
Cygwin Version: 1.5.24-2
Active Perl Version: 5.88-819
Would be indebted for any advice on how to proceed next.
thanks for any help, jim salisbury