Re: prima behavior - blacking out areas...

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 16:15:40 +0100
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Andy!

 Andy> I was trying to make a tiny little gui program just to display a
 Andy> little information and I'm getting some really weird behavior from
 Andy> Prima. I tried to search for some Prima list archives, but I
 Andy> couldn't find any and the majordomo 'get' doesn't seem to work very
 Andy> well.

 Andy> I took a screenshot containing the VB object browser and help window
 Andy> (with the "find" dialog up) as well as the little program I'm trying
 Andy> to make.

 Andy> http://www.metrocast.net/~aharrison/screenshot-prima.jpg (~140K)

It looks like Prima picking up some colors defined in .Xdefaults .
If you run any script with --debug=X debug information will tell on
which stage it picks up the black color for the background.
Possibly something as simple as the following would do:

   use Prima qw(Application);
   printf "RGB=%06x\n", $::application-> map_color(cl::Back|wc::Label);

On my machine this prints RGB=d4d0c8, as expected, on yours, if my
suspicion is true, it should print RGB=000000. If it does, investigate
the debug output and the content of your .Xdefaults .

PS. There was once a report of similar behavior, but the poster didn't
hell how it was solved.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry Karasik