missing prigraph.dll and broken examples in Prima-1.28-strawberry-5.10.0.zip

From: Michael Korntheuer <mkornthe_at_vub.ac.be>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:24:45 +0200
To: prima_at_BSD-Dk.dk

I just installed Prima 1.28 on a Strawberry 5.10.0.6 and it didn't work :-(
  Even a "hello, world" did not work... or VB...

Everytime I got a message about a missing dll: "prigraph.dll".
This file is nowhere to be found in the Prima package.

Finally I downloaded "Prima-prigraph-win32 (1.06)" from CPAN and
copied "prigraph.dll" from that package to
C:\perl\site\lib\auto\Prima and everything started working...

A bit sad that Prima 1.28 seems to miss an important file "out of the box".
I guess this should be fixed quickly because it is bad publicity if
even a "hello, world" does not work out of the box.

Another not so great point is that at the end of the installation you
get the suggestion to check out the examples. Well, they don't work
either. After I got VB and "hello, world" running I wanted to see
the examples but alas...

The examples are ".bat" files and they all have the same problem.
They try to start up perl with the address of the local directory like:
"C:\perl\site\lib\examples\perl.exe" which does not work in stead of
simply using "perl.exe". You can easily patch all those .bat files
manually by removing the 5 letter string %~dp0 on line 4 and line 7
of each file. Those .bat files are clearly generated by the installer,
so I guess the installer should be fixed.

I think Prima is really and excellent toolkit and I make as much promotion
about it as I can but it's very hard to convince people about
its qualities if it doesn't start up correctly out of the box and doesn't
run the examples.

Michael