Re: Quick fix for old bug in Prima::Terminals

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 01:01:10 +0100
To: David Mertens <dcmertens.perl_at_gmail.com>

        Hi David!

On 14 ÑÎ× 11 at 05:42, "David" (David Mertens) wrote:

 David> Hello - I came upon Prima recently and I'm really enjoying it. I'm
 David> working on a REPL targeted toward PDL users. To make a long story
 David> short, I stumbled upon Prima::Terminals. This code has a missing
 David> bracket at line 649. The error is clearly due to the conversion
 David> from spaces to tabs with version 1.16. Specifically, the offending
 David> line is this:

 David> $self-> { termView}-> set_cursor_pos( $self-> {
 David> charWidth} * $cursorCol,

 David> Adding the missing piece gives this:

 David> $self-> { termView}-> set_cursor_pos( $self-> {
 David> charWidth} * $cursorCol, $self->{ charHeight} * ( $self->{
 David> textRows} - $cursorRow - 1));

Thanks, fixed!

 David> Having made that correction, the program appears to run, but it
 David> does not do anything interesting. Not surprising, since I'm working
 David> with an abstract widget. I've looked through the code, but it has
 David> no documentation and I've had a hard time understanding how it
 David> functions. I looked at the version history of the module. It looks
 David> like it has only had minor revisions since before the millennium,
 David> with the majority of the code in place with the first CVS
 David> commit. Are there any example scripts that use this class? Grep
 David> says no. :-(

Terminal is a very special class, it was written by Vadim Belman really
early, and wasn't supported since. You're welcome to contact him
( vrurg.livejournal.com is the only way I know ), but I wouldn't say
there's much chance. I have zero understanding about how this class works.
Probably it should be removed from the distribution to avoid misunderstanding.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry Karasik