Re: Compilation issues on Mac

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:14:47 +0200
To: Timothy Gimmel <tim_at_gimmel.org>

        Hi Timothy!

Hmm I can't reproduce that, but - what does makefile.log say about the
error, and where is libX11.so located on your system?

/dk

On 18 ΣΕΞ 11 at 18:42, "Timothy" (Timothy Gimmel) wrote:

 Timothy> Dmitry, Just tried to compile and received this error:
 Timothy> Determining dl_load_flags... 0x00 Checking for X11 headers...yes,
 Timothy> in /usr/X11R6/include Checking for library X11... no Prima needs
 Timothy> X11 libraries for compilation! Set X11BASE='/path/to/X' if you
 Timothy> have a non-standard path to X. (see also makefile.log for
 Timothy> details)

 Timothy> Is this this the error everyone has been getting on Lion. BTW, I
 Timothy> used to have Snow Leopard and upgraded to Lion last month.

 Timothy> Regards, Tim

 Timothy> On Sep 18, 2011, at 10:44 AM, Dmitry Karasik wrote:

> Hi David!
>>
>> Great! But please check the very latest (10 min ago) git first, because
>> I think I found and killed the bug that stopped Prima from compiling on
>> Mac. If that wasn't it, you're welcome to open that bug
>>
>> /dk
>>
>> On 18 ΣΕΞ 11 at 17:31, "David" (David Mertens) wrote:

 David> Dmitry, I have a big interest in having Prima work cross-platform
 David> and I just got a new MacBook, so I will be glad to help out. I'll
 David> file a report on CPAN RT.

 David> David

 David> On Sep 18, 2011 10:07 AM, "Dmitry Karasik" <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
 David> wrote:
> [...]
 David> thanks
 David> RT

 David> Hello everybody - I've discovered that the latest git does not
 David> build on Mac, and it hasn't built successfully since the
 David> Makefile.PL overhaul. Should I open an issue on Github, or discuss
 David> the issue here over the email list?

 David> David

 David> -- Sent via my carrier pigeon.

> -- Sincerely, Dmitry Karasik

Tim