DetailedLists

From: <Richard.Morgan_at_sybase.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:05:49 +0900
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

Hi.

I admit to being new to this list, so I am not sure that this is the
correct place for this but...

I am using DetailedLists in my application, but at create time the list is
empty. The default width for the columns is really small and the columns do
not take up the whole width given to the list. (So there is a space at the
end with no colums, which looks kind of strange to me.)

I modified the init routine in DetailedLists.pm so that if an array
relWidth exists in the hash for the list then the column widths will be
divided up according to the values specified in the relWidth array. That is
to say if relWidth is [5,1] there will be two columns one of which is 5/6
of the width and one of which is 1/6th. This also means that the whole
space is filled. (although there must be some small error in the
calculation because the array is always a tiny bit wider than the given
window). As I remember this is very similar to how Java Swing does it.

So, does this sound like a useful enhancement and is there a proper way to
get it included?

Thanks Richard