Re: Prima-1.07 doesn't create a .packlist

From: Vadim Belman <voland_at_lflat.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:38:33 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

DH wrote:
> Prima-1.07
> doext use ExtUtils::MakeMaker for installation procedures and that is fine,
> as long as everything that's supposed to happen happens, but it doesn't.
>
> A .packlist file doesn't get created.
> see ExtUtils::Packlist
> for more details
>
> ( basicall $Config{sitelib}/auto/Distribution/Name/.packlist
> should contain a list of all the files [absolute paths ] installed
> )

        Does anyone care about packlist ever? Mine is constantly growing being
never cleaned up. If it comes to packages uninstall, then it's mostly
done by packaging tools without any of perl interference.

        What I mean here is that .packlist can be created, but is there any
point of its existence?

--
/Voland			Vadim Belman
			http://www.lflat.org