Re: Prima-1.07 doesn't create a .packlist

From: DH <crazyinsomniac_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:17:55 -0800 (PST)
To: Vadim Belman <voland_at_lflat.org>, prima_at_prima.eu.org

> Does anyone care about packlist ever? Mine is constantly growing being
> never cleaned up.

That's the whole purpose of .packlist files.
Yours is growing cause you're developing these modules? (who cares if it grows, don't tell me
you're worried about precious bytes)

> If it comes to packages uninstall, then it's mostly
> done by packaging tools without any of perl interference.

And how do said packaging tools know what's what?
Secondly, any packaging tools which are not standard perl packaging tools
are not portable. .packlist files are portable.

> What I mean here is that .packlist can be created, but is there any
> point of its existence?

Yes.
I like to use ExtUtils::Installed quite a lot, especially in uninstalling modules,
and it works off .packlist files, cause that's what they're for.
Every good module includes them.