Re: Prima examples should not be installed under perl -V:sitelib

From: DH <crazyinsomniac_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:27:10 -0800 (PST)
To: Vadim Belman <voland_at_lflat.org>, prima_at_prima.eu.org

> And this is cannot be done. Examples are not tools in any way and
> installing them under /usr/local/bin as my perl suggest is a complete
> violation of rules. 8)

i don't think so.
Tk includes "widget - Demonstration of Perl/Tk widgets"
and you can mimick what it does, and create `primademo' for example.

It's tons better than what you do right now.

> A better compromise might be leaving examples where they are, i.e. in
> the source tree, as lots of packages do. But this is even worse from my
> point of view.

Because the pod is so sparse in some modules, i think the examples should be installed someplace.
Let's go with that Tk idea.
install the examples in

    $Config{sitelib}/Prima/examples

and have primademo installed in $Config{bin} or $Config{sitebin}
(basically, wherever ExtUtils::MakeMaker would install it)