Re: Prima 1.08 font problems

From: Martin Walter <mw25_at_uni.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:34:11 +0100
To: "prima_at_prima.eu.org" <prima_at_prima.eu.org>

Hi Dmitry,

the version currently in CVS fixes the problem I had with the editor widget, thanks! :-)
However, most other widgets I tried still have the same problem. Is this recent change you
made a work in progress which has to be done on each widget?

For example, in the fonts dialog used in examples/editor.pl... :

- the edit fields where the currently selected font's name and size are displayed still
aren't large enough and cut the top few pixels, same applies to the "encoding" combobox.

- the selection bar of the entry selected by default in the font list is perfect now.
However when you move it to select another entry, there's the problem again that the
selection bar does not cover all of the text, i.e. is a bit smaller instead of larger than
the font.

I've also tried putting the Prima.font line you gave me into my ~/.Xdefaults , where it's
the only "font"-related setting. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any effect at all here. The
Prima example programs still use Helvetica. This seems to be independend of which window
manager I use and which "default application font" one can specify in KDE for example.

Any ideas what the cause for this could be?

Regards, Martin