Re: Prima 1.08 font problems

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 25 Nov 2002 11:20:54 +0100
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Martin!

On 24 Nov 02 at 11:28, "Martin" (Martin Walter) wrote:

The recent fix resolves this problem, at least in the simulated
environment I created. You can cvsup and recompile.

 Martin> 1) My description of the problem was slightly wrong; when using
 Martin> Helvetiva, not the top 20% of the characters are missing, but only
 Martin> a few pixels. This looks like about 20% when using the default
 Martin> font size, but when using larger fonts, this percentage decreases,
 Martin> but you still see there's a couple of pixel rows missing on top.

 Martin> I was out of luck with that. I tried setting Prima.font,
 Martin> Prima.Font as well as Prima*font and Prima*Font in ~/.Xdefaults,
 Martin> but it still goes straight to Helvetica. Only changing the
 Martin> hardcoded "Helvetica" in apt_font.c helped. Any hint or example
 Martin> for the .Xdefaults entry please?

For example, 'Prima.font: -b&h-lucida-medium-r-normal-sans-14-140-75-*-p-*-iso8859-1'
works for me.

 Martin> - let's say one listbox entry is n pixels in height - the
 Martin> selection bar however seems to be some (n-2) pixels in height only
 Martin> Usually the selection bar should be a big higher and not smaller
 Martin> than the selected text I think!?

Yes, of course - unless there's bugs :)

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry