Few minor issues to discuss

From: Vadim Belman <voland_at_lflat.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:52:31 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        I tried to use VB for my local purposes, found it useless as I better
do the code manually but spotted some bugs and got few questions.

        First of all, about the bugs. When a form is loaded it doesn't show
menu although it's there and it gets shown again when a change is made
to it. Inproper form initialization from the data read seems to be the
cause. The fix was simple setting of menuItems manually by the end of
load_file method. Though it looks rather a hack to me because there is
no guaraty that some other property of similar kind would be forgotten
in the same way.

        Again, while reading VB pods I discovered that font size change resets
normal text font back to default from what I set it to be. For this one
I simply have no time now to fix.

        Then, something more like a misbehaviour than a bug. 8) Why popup menu
gets called on mouse_click and ignores mouse_down? Shouldn't it be the
other way around? Actually, I would even suggest a slightly different
behaviour in these two cases where after mouse_click the menu disappears
when a item is choosen by clicking; after mouse_down the choise is made
by simply releasing the button.

        And now comes more significant issues.

        Why there is no way of cleaning up (removing) a property? First I
thought it's needed for inserting a menu separator, but adding 'Make
separator' functionality is more obvious for a user. 8) Still, cleanup
is needed as it's the right way of making use of default values. Or do I
miss something?

        And the last one. Keyboard shortcuts. I know that Dmitry is used to
Borland-style shortcuts, but it is deprecated novadays. I have created a
CVS branch for my own test-development and commited suggested
shortcut-changes in this branch. Have a look and say what do you think.

        So, Dmitry, you did want me to do something, didn't you? 8)))

--
/Voland			Vadim Belman
			http://www.lflat.org