geometry management in prima

From: Peter Shangov <pshangov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:09:21 +0100 (BST)
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

hi all,

I have been fiddling with Prima for a couple of days now and while I am
impressed with many of its capabilities (many of which Tk is unlikely
to have in the forseeable future), there is one thing I cannot figure
out. How do I do simple geometry management without calculating the
size of already inserted widgets before deciding where to place the
next one. What I want to do for example is arrange two lines of buttons
at the top, a text widget below and a status bar at the bottom wihout
messing things up on resizing the window. Does Prima have anything like
Tk's pack or grid? I have been looking at the demos but most of the
code there still does not make much sense to me. Also there are only
one or two samples that seem to be doing something close to the kind of
geometry management I need (the editor and the dockframe examples, I
think).

Any help would be appreciated

cheers,
peter