Re: geometry management in prima

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 02 Oct 2002 13:49:34 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Peter!

On 02 Oct 02 at 12:09, "Peter" (Peter Shangov) wrote:

Hello Peter,

Neither 'pack' nor 'grid' are present in Prima and probably never will,
unless someone would be interested in implementing these ( which, so to
say, is trivial ). The only, but powerful enough, geometry management is
provided by Prima::Widget::growMode property. See perldoc Prima::Widget,
"Geometry" and "growMode" sections for more.

/Dmitry

 Peter> hi all, I have been fiddling with Prima for a couple of days now
 Peter> and while I am impressed with many of its capabilities (many of
 Peter> which Tk is unlikely to have in the forseeable future), there is
 Peter> one thing I cannot figure out. How do I do simple geometry
 Peter> management without calculating the size of already inserted widgets
 Peter> before deciding where to place the next one. What I want to do for
 Peter> example is arrange two lines of buttons at the top, a text widget
 Peter> below and a status bar at the bottom wihout messing things up on
 Peter> resizing the window. Does Prima have anything like Tk's pack or
 Peter> grid? I have been looking at the demos but most of the code there
 Peter> still does not make much sense to me. Also there are only one or
 Peter> two samples that seem to be doing something close to the kind of
 Peter> geometry management I need (the editor and the dockframe examples,
 Peter> I think).

 Peter> Any help would be appreciated

 Peter> cheers, peter