Re: problems installing

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 03 Apr 2003 16:09:20 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi stephenc!

On 03 Apr 03 at 02:47, "stephenc" (stephenc ) wrote:

 stephenc> I just tried installing Prima and when I use the vb instruction
 stephenc> I get an error message 'Prima can’t find Perl56.dll' I have
 stephenc> searched for this file but it is not on my hard disk. I have
 stephenc> ActiveState 519 and I used 631 from website but I just tried
 stephenc> doing this again with 805 (Active and Prima) and got the same
 stephenc> message 'perl.exe unable to etc

 stephenc> I also got Can't load .../Prima.dll for module Prima:
 stephenc> load_file:The specified module cannot be found in
 stephenc> ..../Dynaloader.pm line 229 at ..../vb.bat. Compile failled etc

 stephenc> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Prima.dll depends on the perl dll, which is named differently for
different perl versions. Perl56.dll name for example used in activestate-6
builds, perl58.dll for perl-5.8.0 etc. As a rule of thumb, perl and Prima
builds must match, but if you cannot find the corresponding Prima build
you can always compile and install it yourself.

One of the causes of the second message ( Can't load .../Prima.dll ) is
absence of prigraph.dll and zlib.dll, which must be present for every
binary distribution of Prima, but sometimes are forgotten. Check README
on where to get them, if that's the cause.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry