prima toolkit

From: Bailey, Robert <Rbailey_at_Schnucks.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:26:13 -0600
To: "'prima_at_prima.eu.org'" <prima_at_prima.eu.org>

Gentlemen:

Do you have any plans for, or do you know of any that have already been
created, a grid object for the Prima toolkit? I work for a company that
owns and operates a chain of supermarkets in the Midwestern United States.
We are primarily a Unix / Oracle shop and use many Oracle tools, but also
use Windows and Visual Basic to develop graphical interfaces for our users.
We do, however, use many Perl scripts on our Unix boxes. Being a Linux and
open-source advocate, I am exploring possible alternatives as replacements
for the Windows / Visual Basic development tools.

Moving to Linux and Perl would be obvious choices except for the lack of a
suitable GUI for Perl. I have experimented some with Qt for Linux, but it
would be nice to be able to write programs that could initially work on our
existing Windows 2000 platforms and then have the option to phase in the
Linux OS. I found Prima by simply searching the Internet and have been
writing small programs with it at home to familiarize myself with the
software. It is very easy to use and the output is wonderful!

Any suggestions or help you might be able to provide would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,

Robert M. Bailey

Systems Analyst