Porting Prima

From: Sangqar (Sean Healy) <sangqar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:22:22 +0000
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

I'd like to port Prima to BeOS. This is my favorite OS, and I've been using
Prima so much lately on my Windows and Linux machines that it's becoming
annoying not to have it in BeOS. However, after checking the source code
for the various 'guts' portions, I'm confused - I expected that they'd have
the same repertoire of functions, and that the actual code in the functions
would be the different part. But they seem to have a completely different
set of functions.

At some point, there must be something that's the same, so that the
system-independent part can call it without caring what system it's on. But
what is that something? What are the functions, classes, etc. that need to
be in the system-dependent part for the system-independent part to use?

Sean