Re: Problem with Compress:Zlib

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 14 Aug 2003 13:46:23 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Sean!

On 13 Aug 03 at 15:13, "Sean" (Sean Healy) wrote:

 Sean> If I run the following code: use Prima; use Compress::Zlib;

 Sean> then no problem. However, if I run

 Sean> use Compress::Zlib; use Prima;

 Sean> then I get an error message - Can't locate ordinal 10 in
 Sean> compress.zlib.

 Sean> This is on Win2k (haven't tested it on any other machine yet - I
 Sean> also have RedHat8 machine and an old Win95 machine I can try this
 Sean> on.

 Sean> It looks like a Windows error message (i.e., comes up in an Windows
 Sean> message box) rather than a Perl error message.

Until now this was just a theoretical case, never emerged in Prima,
but in general the problem is known as "DLL hell", which stems when
different pieces of software use different versions of same library.
In our case, it is prigraph.dll, which, in turn,
uses zlib.dll - and if another version of zlib.dll is to be used, there are
problems. There is just one thing that might help - try to locate all zlib.dll
you have and condense down to using just one; if the Prima's is outdated,
copy the newer one over it.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry