Re: Font dialog examples problem

From: Sangqar (Sean Healy) <sangqar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:41:27 +0000
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

> Wilson,> I tracked the error down to this line in the re_size code
> Wilson,> reference (using print statements): my @list =
>@{$::application->
> Wilson,> fonts( $fn, $name_changed ? '' : $current_encoding)};
>
>Most probably it has something to do with new XP api, which might be
>different from older api's and might cause Prima to coredump. OTOH,
>I run Prima on XP without any problem, so there's only one solution -
>recompile from source with debug information -
>
> perl Makefile.PL DEBUG=1
> make
> make install
>
>and run under a debugger - MSVC++ will do. And of course, you can also
>track down the problem in the same fashion in the C guts, by wrapping
>every step with printf.

I checked out the problem (it exists on my machine, too) (XP with all the
current Critical Updates), and tracked it down this far:

$::application->fonts; # doesn't cause
$::application->fonts('',''); # doesn't cause
$::application->fonts('Times New Roman'); # causes
$::application->fonts('Times New Roman',''); # causes
$::application->fonts('','Western'); # causes
$::application->fonts('Times New Roman','Western'); # causes

So if either argument is set, it happens, but if both are unset, it doesn't.

I have to go to work now, but I'll look at the XS code when I get a chance,
to see if I can track it further.