Re: Dont understand ->owner behaviour for TabbedNotebook

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 04 Dec 2003 10:55:53 +0100
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Andrew!

On 04 Dec 03 at 02:44, "Andrew" (Andrew Bramble) wrote:

 Andrew> Attached tabset.fm demonstrating the issue. Notable is that when
 Andrew> attaching pages in the onCreate of the tabbedNotebook, they behave
 Andrew> as expected see attached tabs2.fm

This is because you interfere with VB's internal mechanics, that
arranges widgets on pages, you see strange effects as inability to
put anything in page 0. Namely, in tabset.fm, 'extras' field of
'TabbedNotebook' contains zeros as widget page indexes. I think
that following
the native VB interface for page arrangement would help here.

You can put widgets on different pages right away in VB, although,
agree, it is not obvious. Check the pop-up menu of the notebook
widget - prev page, next page, move widget to page must come in
handy. Also, changing pageIndex property from object inspector
flips pages as well.

If you feel pedantic, you can also check an example of
TabbedNotebook in Prima/PS/setup.fm .

 Andrew> Am I bending the rules too much by letting children insert
 Andrew> themselves into the tabbedNotebook?

Not at all. All that doesn't coredump has right to live :)

/Dmitry

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry