Re: Thread Safe

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 25 Jun 2003 14:32:19 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Stuart!

On 25 Jun 03 at 12:04, "Stuart" (Stuart Moore) wrote:

 Stuart> I'm sorry if this is a FAQ but I've not been able to find anything
 Stuart> much on this topic so far.

 Stuart> Is Prima thread safe? Can I have one thread in the Event Loop, and
 Stuart> use another to change the components being displayed?

 Stuart> If anyone's able to point me in the right direction for some
 Stuart> advice that would be very much appreciated.

 Stuart> Stuart Moore

I think it is not thread-safe, and I never tried to make Prima
as such. If you wish to get rid of the event loop in a single thread,
there are ways though. Prima::Application::yield , for example, can
be called whenever the event dispatching is needed. It is not very
robust, but little C coding can change this.

Sincerely,
        Dmitry

--- www.karasik.eu.org ---

Life ain't fair, but the root password helps.
                      - BOFH