Re: Prima and perl2exe

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 07 Mar 2003 17:19:00 +0100
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Sean!

On 07 Mar 03 at 16:04, "Sean" (Sean Healy) wrote:

 Sean> Has anyone gotten Prima to work with IndigoStar's perl2exe? I'm
 Sean> specifically concerned with Windows here, because anyone who has
 Sean> Linux already has perl, so I can just distribute source code, but
 Sean> most Windows users don't have perl.

I tried it and the resulting win32 executables works o.k. The problem is that
the perl2exe is badly configurable, and at certain stage one must
hack the script in order to run Prima, or whatever toolkit with implicit
module loading. For example, the nice hack

  use Prima qw(MsgBox Application)

doesn't work for perl2exe, unless changed to

  use Prima;
  use Prima::MsgBox;
  use Prima::Application;

So I stuffed the whole toolkit inside explicitly, by setting the first
script line to

   #perl2exe_include P2E_Conf

and P2E_Conf.pm itself simply enumerateas all prima modules.

I don't know thow to deal with the external files though, - Prima
contains images, forms, and PostScript font data in plenty.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry