Re: Startup problems

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 27 Mar 2003 22:48:22 +0100
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Norbert!

On 27 Mar 03 at 19:01, "Norbert" (Norbert Schmidt) wrote:

 Norbert> Hello Dmitry,
>> So, I finally got into win98. Indeed, as you pointed out, 1.09 has
>> major problems with fonts, - but I fixed these today. You may try to
>> get http://www.karasik.eu.org/misc/Prima.dll and see if it gets any
>> better. For my win98 it does, but probably there's something left.
 Norbert> Well, it seems to work here too! :-)))

Wuff... yes!

 Norbert> Just one "tiny" thing - (don't worry, not a bug ;-))) - The
 Norbert> default font size (8pt?) is rather small here (and for me): I'm
 Norbert> doing 1600x1200 on 21" screen. About one meter away. And I'm
 Norbert> blind as a mole, too.

Well, Prima looks into system setting for the default font size and face.
If your win98 has default font 8 ( or so ) points, well, you can always increase
that without changing Prima guts. Try to play with you system font settings
first. If that wouldn't help, there are some switches that can be
read from the registry, but the explanations require time which I don't
have now - and from tomorrow I'm offline until Tuesday.

ps - just last thought, as a last resort - see how Prima::Stress
deals with assigning default font sizes. Write alike module just for yourself.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry