Re: building prima on redhat 9

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 16 Nov 2003 15:54:26 +0100
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi unixguy!

On 16 Nov 03 at 14:49, "unixguy" (unixguy ) wrote:

 unixguy> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
 unixguy> ------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C3AC8B.7E4E05E0 Content-Type:
 unixguy> text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding:
 unixguy> quoted-printable

 unixguy> Hi,

 unixguy> Does anyone have a list of things that have to be done to be able
 unixguy> to get = the latest version of Prima running on RedHat 9?

did you try to cvs up the latest version? codec_xpm.c problem was solved
after 1.12 was out.

 unixguy> There was a problem with Makefile.PL reading the version
 unixguy> properly, so in order to check for other problems I just
 unixguy> hardwired the version check and = was able to generate a
 unixguy> makefile.

patches are very much welcome!

 unixguy> Has anyone gotten it to run? Or is there a binary for redhat 9 =
 unixguy> somewhere? Are there prerequisites or dependencies that I need
 unixguy> to know about?

No binaries, but no prerequesites either, except perl and X11R6. libungif,
libjpeg etc are recommended but are not crucial.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry