RE: Printing a GIF image directly

From: Joel G. Martin <joel_at_minlib.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:32:26 -0400
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

      Hi Alain, Vadim, and Dmitry. THANK YOU for what you told me. With
this considerable help I'm working out how I want to do it.
                   Joel

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:32:32 -0400
"Joel G. Martin" <joel_at_minlib.net> wrote:

>> Hi Dimitry. I'm trying to write a simple script that will print
>> a grayscale GIF image to a laser printer without resizing it and
>> without opening a window on the screen first. I'm pretty sure Prima
>> can do this but I'm having trouble figuring out how. Could you give
>> me some pointers? THANK YOU in advance!

This is just an idea, but you could simply send the file to the print
spooler, no ? If the print spooler was installed with regular filters
and a proper PPD file for the target printer then the GIF file would be
simply printed 'as is' to the printer. A system call could send it,
something like:

my $erroCode = system ("lpr test.gif");

Cheers,

Alain

  guess, you shall have a Look at Prima::Printer module. It is a
descendant of Drawable.

--
             /Vadim Belman