Re: Deleting items from a combobox

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 26 May 2007 22:25:27 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Mark!

No, you're right, there's indeed an ambiguity. I've committed the change,
you can check it out and see if it (hopefully) looks better now.

/dk

 Mark> I was looking at the "methods" section of Prima::ListViewer. Here
 Mark> is what it says:

 Mark> delete_items ITEMS

 Mark> Deletes items from the list. ITEMS can be either an array, or a
 Mark> reference to an array of item indices.

 Mark> The ambiguity is that the contents of the ITEMS list are undefined.
 Mark> Initially, I thought that the list contains the actual items to be
 Mark> deleted and an array reference would contain indices. But after
 Mark> looking at the listbox.pl example, it seems that it is a list of
 Mark> indices as well. I think the problem is that you name the list
 Mark> ITEMS when the list does not actually contain the same items that
 Mark> are in the ListViewer. The method add_items also uses ITEMS, but
 Mark> does actually pass items to be contained in the ListViewer. For
 Mark> delete_items, it should possibly be INDICES instead of ITEMS. How
 Mark> does that sound? My understanding of ComboBox and ListViewer may be
 Mark> incorrect.

 Mark> -- Mark Siner www.cs.arizona.edu/people/msiner

 Mark> On 25 May 2007 08:59:06 +0200, Dmitry Karasik
 Mark> <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org> wrote:
>> Hi Mark!

 Mark> The documentation seems a bit strange for these functions.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry Karasik