I need another hint Setting properties

From: Tim Gimmel <tjg_at_gimmel.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:06:55 -0600
To: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>

Dmitry,
Thanks for your help, I have made much progress in my app. However I
have limited experience using an OO gui toolkits in Perl. I have
certain objects that I need to run common code. For example, I have a
set of labels that I need to enable or disable depending on the state of
the device. So I plan to use the timer object to poll the device and
check certin item and update the widgets. The tricky part about talking
to a radio is sometimes changes can be made through the GUI and sometime
you just punch a button on the radio itself, so I need to be checking
for such changes.
 The idea is to write common code to do the checking and change
properties of the object, and I don't want it under any "event", because
the change could be external. I can't figure out how to call the
objects and I cannot find a comprehensive list of methods that I know
will work. I have found that in a widget $self->set(prop => value);
seems to do the trick, but I never really found the description for
"set". But I would like to place common code in the code editor (I
really want to place in a separate file, but that is a different issue
for some other day), so what the name of a label named "lblUSB" relative
to the code editor? I tried "Prima::Lable::lblUSB" but that did not
work. My form is "Form1" (I know, how creative), I have tried
"Form1::lblUSB->set.." and it does not work.
If I can get past a few more hurdles I think I can make this app fly!
There is plenty of docs, and I have been reading them, but the docs
assume a very educated reader!

Thanks for all you help, and I hope to make a real App using Prima it
things keep going the way they are now.

Items on my list to figure out:
How can I change the shape of buttons (ie make them round etc)?
Remove the "percent" from the gauge.
Modify the dials to rotate continuously. Need to set the frequency!
Don't try to to answer those questions yet. I need to do some digging!

Tim