Re: I need another hint Setting properties

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:50:53 +0100
To: tjg_at_gimmel.org

        Hi Tim!

On 27 ΔΕΛ 08 at 23:06, "Tim" (Tim Gimmel) wrote:
 Tim> I can't figure out how to call the objects and I
 Tim> cannot find a comprehensive list of methods that I know will work.

I'm unsure about what do you mean by "calling the objects".

 Tim> have found that in a widget $self->set(prop => value); seems to do
 Tim> the trick, but I never really found the description for "set".

set() is a common method that allows setting object properties. F.ex.

  $obj-> name(1);
  $obj-> text(2);

is the same as

  $obj-> set( name => 1, text => 2);

 Tim> the code editor? I tried "Prima::Lable::lblUSB" but that did not
 Tim> work. My form is "Form1" (I know, how creative), I have tried

Is your question how to reach objects from the form? Given $form is
your Form1, $form->lblUSB should be what you need.

 Tim> Items on my list to figure out: How can I change the shape of buttons
 Tim> (ie make them round etc)?

Check out Prima::Widget property shape(). Check out examples/transparent.pl
and examples/eyes.pl .

 Tim> Remove the "percent" from the gauge.

Override Gauge's onStringify with smth like this:

  my ( $self, $value, $ref) = @_;

 Tim> Modify the dials to rotate continuously. Need to set the frequency!

Not possible. Just make the step smaller.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry Karasik