Mixing pack and place

From: David Mertens <dcmertens.perl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 15:51:39 -0600
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

Hello everybody -

Is there any way to mix the pack and place geometry managers? That is,
I typically have a number of widgets at the top of my application
window and then a large widget that displays results on the bottom.
Thing is, I want to split the bottom part into two pieces now.

When working with just one widget, I simply packed it at the 'top' and
told it to expand. Now, I'm trying to pack a container widget at the
'top', telling it to expand, and then placing my two display widgets
in this container widget. The problem is that the container widget
does not seem to be expanding at all, so then the two child widgets
are never displayed.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!
David