Prima 1.08 font problems

From: Martin Walter <mw25_at_uni.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:23:48 +0100
To: "prima_at_prima.eu.org" <prima_at_prima.eu.org>

Hello,

please excuse me if this has been asked before, I didn't find an archive of this mailing
list on the web (is there one?).

On a default SuSE 8.0 + Gnome 1.4 installation I'm experiencing the problem that the
default height of most widgets displaying fixed or user-entered text is too small. Taking
examples/edit.pl as example, the height of the edit widget is only about 80% of what it
should be, so the top fifth of each character is missing, which makes especially uppercase
letters hard to read - it's the same with widgets that don't specify a font size. It also
happens with any font I pick in the editor.pl example.

This can be fixed be adjusting the height manually, but this would probably look stupid
when used on other OSs then. Any easy solution to that? Not sure, but I think this problem
didn't exist in 1.06 .

Regards, Martin