Re: Some problems with VB and a big (may be a small for you) wish

From: Johannes Blankenstein <jbla_at_hannes-blankenstein.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:38:54 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

Hi Dmitry,

On 14 Sep 2003 at 0:24, Dmitry Karasik wrote:

> Hi Johannes!
>
> On 13 Sep 03 at 22:17, "Johannes" (Johannes Blankenstein) wrote:
>
> Johannes> Hi Dmitry, First problem: I'm developing an Prima application
> Johannes> using VB. I have an calendar- and some Label-Widgets which
> Johannes> behave very well while starting the application from VB. When I
> Johannes> write a 'programm scratch' file and start this file the size of
> Johannes> the calender will change and the labels won't be displayed
> Johannes> anymore.
>
> Set its growMode to gm::Client to check what's the minimum appropriate size.

There are still problems with the labels and with the calendar. I have appended a 'fm'-
and the 'pl' file within this mail. It seems that the labels will not be displayed within the
perl script when I use a different font. However they will be shown when the fm file ist
started from within VB.

> Both problems fixed; the first problem was ( surprise!) a perl v.580 bug.
> Get new Calendar.pm via cvsweb or cvsup. Thanks!

Great! Now its much better. :-)

> Johannes> Now my wish ;-) I use some subroutines within several points of
> Johannes> the VB application. It would be great if it where possible to
> Johannes> set some libraries which will be included by 'use <library>;'
> Johannes> within the VB. The subroutines of this library should be
> Johannes> available within each widget.
>
> Did you try to write explicitly 'use <library>' in View/Code editor ?
No, I haven't! I will try this tomorrow when I'm at work. Thanks for the hint.

Now I have found a little, but awful problem within VB. If you save the file as 'Program
scratch' and then stop VB then you will be asked if you want to save the 'fm' file. If you
say 'Yes' at this point the fm file will be destroyd. It can't be opened again from within VB

... but a backup does help. ;-) (God save my tapes)

Sincerely,
  Hannes

--
Johannes Blankenstein, Berlin, Germany
EMail: jbla_at_hannes-blankenstein.de

Der folgende Teil dieser Nachricht enthält einen Anhang im
sogenannten Internet MIME Nachrichtenformat.
Wenn Sie Pegasus Mail oder ein beliebiges anderes MIME-kompatibles
Email-System verwenden, sollte Sie den Anhang mit Ihrem Email-System
speichern oder anzeigen können. Anderenfalls fragen Sie Ihren Administrator.

If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,

   ---- Datei Information/File information -----------
     Datei/File: Prima-Test.zip
     Datum/Date: 14 Sep 2003, 20:26
     Größe/Size: 3282 bytes.