Re: Some problems with VB and a big (may be a small for you) wish

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 15 Sep 2003 12:01:50 +0200
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Johannes!

On 14 Sep 03 at 20:38, "Johannes" (Johannes Blankenstein) wrote:

 Johannes> Hi Dmitry, First problem: I'm developing an Prima application
 Johannes> using VB. I have an calendar- and some Label-Widgets which
 Johannes> behave very well while starting the application from VB. When I
 Johannes> write a 'programm scratch' file and start this file the size of
 Johannes> the calender will change and the labels won't be displayed
 Johannes> anymore.
>> Set its growMode to gm::Client to check what's the minimum appropriate
>> size.

Seeing what you want to accomplish, that was a bad advice - growMode is
not relevant here, I though you've been talking about calendar internal
labels with names of days.

 Johannes> There are still problems with the labels and with the
 Johannes> calendar. I have appended a 'fm'- and the 'pl' file within this
 Johannes> mail. It seems that the labels will not be displayed within the
 Johannes> perl script when I use a different font. However they will be
 Johannes> shown when the fm file ist started from within VB.

Yes, it's a bug/feature, which emerges if you mess with both designScale
and font. designScale calculates the actual widget size from the font
size, and when font is changed the actual size goes bananas. There is
no easy workaround, except to code explicitly the same thing the designScale
calculation does, and set designScale for the widgets with different font size to
undef. If I have time, this issue will be fixed though.

 Johannes> Now I have found a little, but awful problem within VB. If you
 Johannes> save the file as 'Program scratch' and then stop VB then you
 Johannes> will be asked if you want to save the 'fm' file. If you say
 Johannes> 'Yes' at this point the fm file will be destroyd. It can't be
 Johannes> opened again from within VB ....

Can't reproduce, the .fm file is not destroyed when I do that.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry