extending Prima widget library...

From: Marco Masetti <marco.masetti_at_softeco.it>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:18:11 +0000
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

Hi all,

this is the first time I'm writing to the ml.
The first time I've heard about Prima was last summer at YAPC::Europe
(Paris). I remember I was almost astonished about the brilliant
presentation Dmitry gave to the audience. I promised myself to give
Prima a try.

During the christmas holidays I had some time to download Prima from
CPAN and compare Prima with Perl/TK and WxPerl (and other technologies
like Glade/Anjuta & Kdevelop) . I found Prima one of the easiest to
install on both Linux and MS, truly multiplatform and very consistent.
And its pure OO nature makes a joy to play with. Now I have some questions:

1) I would like to extend the widget family, addressing chart widgets to
easily build line/bar charts and other stuff that seems missing at the
moment in the framework. I was guessing if there is an official widget
repository apart CPAN, where one could eventually find third-party
widgets made available by others (and where I could post mine). Is there
such a place ?

Now a -not so kind- question:

2) why this ML has so little traffic ? Is Prima so perfect or is not so
much diffused ? And if the second, why ?

Thanks to all!
--Marco.

--
Marco Masetti