Re: New to Prima

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry_at_karasik.eu.org>
Date: 30 Jan 2007 08:30:22 +0100
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

        Hi Mark!

 Mark> Dmitry, I would like to lend a helping hand where I can. Do you
 Mark> need or even want help? If so, what needs to be done. I have been
 Mark> playing around with Prima and really like it. I have noticed some
 Mark> bugs(but only your binary ActiveState release on Windows XP, I have
 Mark> not compiled my own on XP) such as the theme example crashing due to
 Mark> padx options and strange focus behavior in combobox widgets. I am

I never noticing the theme example crashing, so you're welcome to play with
it, but as to the wrong focus, that was my own fault, I was reimplementing the
focusing scheme for X, and broke it for win32, and what worse, I forgot to
roll it back before the release. So what I'm saying is that I'll fix this
(hopefully) soon.

 Mark> planning on posting on my personal site a little bit of that
 Mark> advocacy that you request in the Prima FAQ, but would also like to
 Mark> contribute code fixes where I can. I also would not mind
 Mark> contributing/editing/proofreading documentation. Let me know what
 Mark> you think. I don't have a lot of time to contribute, but hope I can
 Mark> help the project in some way. -- Mark Siner

You know. I've been observing a lot of open source projects, in particular
I was interested in why they were adopted, or not adopted by many. My best
advice is therefore this: do whatever you want with Prima, - be it either
creating your own applications based on it, or submitting patches,
documentation etc - anything will do good. Of course if you're short of
ideas, I'd very much like to ask you to proofread the docs, but hey, that's
boring :) But seriously, I think that it is emergence of Prima-based
apps that will help the project best.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry Karasik