New to Prima

From: Mark Siner <msiner_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:52:03 -0700
To: prima_at_prima.eu.org

I am new to this list, so here is a short intro. I am a computer
science graduate student at University of Arizona in the USA. I also
work at IBM as a microcode programmer for enterprise storage servers.
I have experience mainly in Java, C, and Perl.

I was looking for Perl tookits and can't decide between focusing on Tk
or Prima. Tk is definitely the standard, but with the death of Nick
Ing-Simmons it seems like the future of the module is in jeopardy.
Prima looks like a great package, but seems to be unknown among Perl
users. Compared to Tk, I like how Prima is tightly integrated with
Perl. What is the status of Prima and what plans are there for the
future? Will Prima remain a niche toolkit for 2-D graphics or is the
plan to compete with Tk for more mainstream usage?

--
Mark Siner
www.cs.arizona.edu/people/msiner