Syntax issue from a Novice

From: Brian Rowlands (Greymouth High School) <RowlandsB_at_greyhigh.school.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:31:32 +1300
To: <prima_at_BSD-Dk.dk>

Hi
I'm new as of 3 days to Prima and busily sifting through the
documentation but have struck a stumbling block. Could some kind soul
help me with my syntax please?

This is a 2 part question.

Part 1
I have a trivial form which I've created to get my head around concepts
with syntax and consisting of:

Form: name = form
Button: name = button
Tabbednotebook: name = tabs with tabs labelled 'one' and 'two'
Combobox: name = box with a dropdown list style and which
is owned by tabs

I wish to populate the array using two techniques
a) as shown in the sample code

use strict;
my @list = qw(five six);
use Prima qw( Application VB::VBLoader);
my $form = Prima::VBLoad('H:\My Documents\PERL\Perl
Solutions\Hallblacks\Prima\c2.fm',
        button => { onClick => sub{trythis("box")}},
);
die "$@\n" unless $form;
$form-> execute;

sub trythis {
        my ($x) = @_;
        $form-> $x-> List-> add_items(@list); # syntax error - doesn't
work
return
}

b)
use strict;
my @list = qw(five six);
use Prima qw( Application VB::VBLoader);
my $form = Prima::VBLoad('H:\My Documents\PERL\Perl
Solutions\Hallblacks\Prima\c2.fm',
);
die "$@\n" unless $form;
$form-> execute;

$form-> $x-> List-> add_items(@list); # syntax error - doesn't work

Hope that makes sense? I've left the syntax issues. If the combobox is
owned by 'form' both examples work.

Part 2
If I want a combobox to allow a blank entry must I include a blank line
as a list option?

Thanks
Brian Rowlands
We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite
hope.
Martin Luther King Jr. </quotes/k/martinlutherking/>